Converting Solar Power to Electricity:
Through converting sunlight into electricity, solar energy is produced by solar power companies. To generate solar electricity, there are 2 primary methods. Solar energy is used by concentrating solar electricity plants through using solar and heat thermal collectors to power generators and create steam. It can also be effective by using devices that are photovoltaic (PV) and able to generate solar energy through changing direct sunlight into electric power.
Harnessing the Sun’s Rays:
The earth is provided by the sun with heat, light and a natural power source. When it is able to harness the full rays of the sun using solar collectors, there are many alternative sources of energy benefits. Increasing the use of the sun’s energy is one main step towards conserving fossil fuel sourced energy, among others.
The experts of global warming concerns have been searching for various methods of producing energy that is cleaner.
There are a few possible solutions including the solar panel. Because it is powered by the sun, solar electricity is renewable and a constant energy source. There will always be sunlight for the planet and because of this, it could never good to use too much solar energy. There is also a year-round’s worth of solar power across the earth, which is more than enough for the use of consumers. Toxic emission is also something that solar power does not have, unlike carbon dioxide emitted by burned fossil fuels. In the long run, people are protected from health problems such as cancer, reproductive problems and heart failure when solar energy is used. Traditional power plants produce harmful toxins that contaminate animals, plants and water bodies that humans consume. This does not happen when solar energy is used.
How Solar Energy Works:
- Sunlight contains tiny particles called photons.
- When the sun’s rays hit a solar panel, the material inside the panel – usually silicon – absorbs the photons.
- The photons excite the electrons inside the silicon’s atom until they begin to dart around and break away, forming an electric current.
- Copper wiring inside the panel serves as a highway for electric current.
- The direct current (DC) travels out of the panel through a control device called an inverter, which changes it to the alternating current (AC).
- The electricity then passes from breaker boxes to outlets throughout the building.
- Electrical items such as computers and lights can then run on this pollution-free solar energy.
- Whatever is not used goes back into the electrical grid so it can be used by someone else.
Solar Power is Beneficial in the Long Run:
Solar power can be used to form clouds, start fires and tan sunbathers. Power production and heat are 2 main uses. To power both space satellites and solar flash lights, energy from the rays of the sun are used. The sun has also been sued for generating electricity, heat water supplies and swimming pools and to power calculators and watches, which eliminates having to use batteries. Stored and collected sunshine provides daily electricity for cloudy days or at night. With no maintenance, solar lights can last for over twenty years. Though a costly investment at the onset, in the long run it is quite beneficial.
Energy Independence from Solar Power:
One social advantage of generating solar power is energy independence. Solar energy generation implementation by solar power companies gives homeowners abilities to take costs of energy under control. People have also provided various tax credits from the government when they generate solar energy. Every state that is a participant offers incentives from renewable energy for both homes and businesses to recover initial solar system setup costs for recovery. Extra social advantages of being independent in terms of energy are also taken from decreasing the need for oil importation from foreign lands.
Who Benefited from Solar Energy:
- Safer: Improves National Security
- Protects Future Generation
- Helps the Economy
- Solar energy reduces the amount of fossil fuel being burned.
- It reduces the pollutants and Carbon dioxide polluting the atmosphere.
- Reduces the Energy bill
- It’s adds value to the property.
- Gain energy Independence.
- Good Investment for sustainable future.