iPhones are helpful to save lives many times. Here are a few examples:
- In July 2023, an iPhone 14 user was rescued after his car plunged 400 feet down a cliff near Mount Wilson, California. The phone’s Crash Detection feature automatically called 911 and sent the driver’s location to emergency services.
- In June 2023, a woman who was hiking in the Angeles National Forest activated her iPhone’s Emergency SOS feature after she fell and injured herself. The feature sent her location to emergency services, who were able to find her and rescue her.
- In May 2023, a man who was stranded in Alaska used his iPhone’s Emergency SOS via satellite feature to call for help. The feature allowed him to connect with emergency services even though he was in a remote area with no cellular service.
These are just a few examples of how iPhones have been used to save lives in the US. As smartphones become more and more ubiquitous, it is likely that we will see even more cases of iPhones being used to help people in emergencies.
In addition to the Crash Detection and Emergency SOS features, iPhones also have a number of other features that can be helpful in emergencies, such as the Medical ID feature, which allows users to store their medical information on their phone, and the Find My iPhone feature, which can be used to locate a lost or stolen phone.
Here are some of the features that can be used in emergencies:
- Crash Detection: This feature automatically calls 911 and sends your location to emergency services if your iPhone detects a significant crash.
- Emergency SOS: This feature allows you to quickly call 911 or other emergency services, even if you are unable to speak.
- Medical ID: This feature allows you to store your medical information on your iPhone, such as your allergies, medications, and blood type. This information can be accessed by emergency personnel if you are unable to speak.
- Find My iPhone: This feature can be used to locate your iPhone if it is lost or stolen. This can be helpful if you need to call for help from your iPhone.
In addition to these features, iPhones can also be used to access other resources that can be helpful in emergencies, such as:
- News and weather apps: These apps can be used to stay informed about current events and weather conditions, which can be important in planning an evacuation or other emergency response.
- GPS apps: These apps can be used to find your way around, which can be helpful if you are lost or disoriented.
- First aid apps: These apps can provide information on how to provide first aid, which can be helpful if you are injured or someone else is injured.
The iPhone’s popularity in the US also makes it a valuable tool for emergency services. In many cases, emergency personnel will ask people who have called 911 to provide the location of their phone, which can be helpful in locating them. Overall, iPhones can be a valuable tool for saving lives in the US. The phone’s features, such as Crash Detection and Emergency SOS, can help people in emergencies, and its popularity makes it a valuable tool for emergency services.